About the Commercial Vehicle Show LLP and your Data
Whilst we will keep all of your personal information confidential, we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances as set out within this policy. We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations in force from time to time.
By using our services, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to us at The Commercial Vehicle Show LLP, 22 Greencoat Place, London SW1P 1PR. Alternatively, you can telephone +44 (0)20 7630 2102.
The principle ways in which we collect information about you:
- (a) When you contact us
- (b) When you visit our website
- (c) When you register to visit the event
- (d) When you complete a Space Application Form to exhibit at the event
- (e) When you attend the event
- (f) When you download content from our website
The information we collect about you when you engage with our business is as follows:
- (a) Details such as name, email address, postal address, social media handle and phone number
- (b) Account log in credentials, such as user names & passwords, password hints and similar security information
- (c) Other account or event registration and profile information,
- (d) Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including information that you send to customer support and messages, appointment inquiries and other information that you wish to share with our exhibitors, visitors, partners and others
- (e) Information about how you and your device interact with the Service, including
- (f) Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, platform and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- (g) Usage data, such as features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service;
How we use personal data
Depending on which Service you use and how you interact with us:
We may collect and retain in our records some or all of the following data about you (although this is not an exhaustive list):
- a) information that you need to provide when you acquire or use our services. This information may include name, address, telephone number, email address.
- b) other information which is optional for you to provide when you acquire or use our services;
- c) details of your correspondence with The Commercial Vehicle Show LLP and any other information you have given to The Commercial Vehicle Show LLP e.g. customer feedback forms, company documents, brand toolkits, financial information, marketing plans
We will use only personal data in the following ways:
- a) Consent: The individual has given clear consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose. For example, they have signed a space application form to exhibit at the CV show, they have registered as a visitor to the CV show.
- b) Legal obligation: The processing is necessary for us to comply with the law.
- c) Public task: The processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- d) Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of our clients unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Who we share personal data with and why
In addition to the uses set out above, we may pass on your personal information to third parties and contractors who provide services to or for us in connection with us delivering the services to yourself or have been requested by yourself. These services may include sending mail, payment processing and marketing services. We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obliged not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We will only disclose information to unrelated third parties without your consent if we are under a duty to disclose or share such information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or on the request of a legal or regulatory authority, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, or if we are otherwise permitted to do so in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Links to Other Sites
Your data and your rights
Under UK data protection law you have the right to request that we update your personal data at any time. You also have the right to object if your personal data are being processed unlawfully (e.g. if the data are retained for longer than necessary for the purpose for which they were collected). If you wish to exercise these rights please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a request for access to information held about you (a “subject access request”). If you would like to make a subject access request please email email@example.com and use the heading “SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST” in your email. Your right of access will be handled in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
How you can withdraw consent for us to use your data
If you have any questions or concerns about how The Commercial Vehicle Show LLP handles your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Security and your data
We will take appropriate security measures against unlawful or unauthorised processing of your information, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, your information. The security of your personal information is very important to us and our objective is to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your information, you acknowledge that the use of the internet or the storage of information can never be entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any information held by us.
We will not retain data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Sensitive Personal Information
We are not obliged under any contract to collect personal sensitive information. This is defined under GDPR as data consisting of racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or sexual orientation.
Our services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.